Lupus, Fibromyalgia, EDS, and a Car Accident: Karma needs to chill.
A discussion with naturopath Elizabeth Clamon from Clamon Natural Health, and Monica Michelle who between the two of them are dealing with Chronic Fatigue, Lupus, Ehlers Danlos, Chronic Pain, Car Accident, and Fibromyalgia. This is a panel talk all about LIVING with a horizontal life or how to live when bedbound with chronic illness.
When Monica Michelle became sick and spending far too much time in bed she started a list of what would still be possible in her life when so much of it took place in bed. Elizabeth Clamon discusses her life after a car accident and chronic illness pushed her into bed right after she got her degree, Elizabeth began and runs a business, Clamon Natural Health, while homeschooling her children.
During this panel
- Parenting from bed: homeschool, delegation, chores, and listen for Darling Slug Days (Monica's favorite tip for spoonie parents with young children)
- Great things to have on bed rest: dumbells, apple watch, iPad, apple pencil, yoga ball, bands, slow cooker, rolling file cabinet, and pedals
- For work delegation and clear goals. Try Fiverr or TaskRabbit
- How to stay physically active from a bed. We are NOT doctors. We don't even play one on the podcast or TV so ask someone with a coat and a degree before using.
- For us the IMPORTANCE of pets. Monica has fun with direwolf while having a POTS attack
- We talk about work and education that can be done from bed or recliner.
- A real talk about the NEW NORMAL, thank you, Dame Oprah.
- Pinterest, yes, Pinterest, the ultimate rabbit hole. Also some advice on how to use Pinterest to make your life So much easier
- Google Keep the BEST list-making app for the forgetful spoonie
- Some Books To Read to adjust to a new life of chronic illness